As I’ve always said, this course was a great experience and actually a breath of fresh air. I was able to throw on my thinking cap and let my thoughts and ideas take over when it came to blogging and researching for each particular post. I came into this course with a open mind and praying that these 4 weeks wouldn’t be dull, boring or a drag. From the moment I stepped into the class and the professor outlined the course and what he expected from us, I already knew this wasn’t going to the typical course and I was super excited and enthused, which can be rare when it comes to higer education courses. The methods and material was more open and hands on, and fun at the same time.
The things that were most important to me with this course was definitely the creativity aspect. I LOVED the digital storytelling assignment, I learned how to create a montage and a Meme. I also LOVED the makers assignment and working along side of Reyawesome, because as future educators we will find ourselves working together. There were so many I wanted to try and I’m sure that I will in the near future. This course definitely has me preparing for my debut as a Educator and the many things I would like to incorporate into my curriculm. I can’t really say that I thought anything was of least importance because I was able to benefit from every assignment and post. I’ve even shared them with with friends and family and they called me their “sexy nerd” and asked “What aren’t you good at ?!?” I just laughed because I really enjoy what I do and I put effort and passion into every assignment.
I’ve also created my own blog page called “Rants and Raves of Eve” I look forward to anyone who would like to follow and keep up with by blogs. Page is still underconstruction but it will be tweaked over time. I would like to thank Professor Smith for the wonderful experience and wish the rest of my classmates the best of luck in their future endeavors!
Before the first day of class I thought I knew what technology was, but apparently I was a new duck as malikaaaa =) puts it.
Prior to this class the role of my computer in my life was for
- Use of Microsoft word (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc) for papers, lab reports, presentations, you name it.
- Check Yorkmail + Hotmail
- Online Shopping to spoil the kiddo’s and sometimes spoil myself (big fan of Groupon, Zulily, etc)
- Checking world news through MSN, AOL, Yahoo, CNN
- and lastly watching videos on youtube
Who doesn’t like a bullet list. These are some of the things that I will never neglect and will continue to cultivate throughout my future career.
- Technology is essential to life as we know it because a variety of sources keeps us informed and uninformed. I speak only the truth, to some of us its like second nature. We use it daily, its part of us.
- Technology is important because now with our new blogs, like mine, melizabethc we can keep others informed, criticize the work of others or speak highly of them too. One good example is Jim Grooms, Edupunk, and Michael Wesch, “Ed Parkour“.
- Technology keeps us interconnected so we are able to share information. For example TEDxNYED, “TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading”
- Technology, it helps us build tools that support our teaching methods. Like our Maker’s Projects,that will be shown in tomorrow fair and broadcasted live. In addition Digital Storytelling, Finding Connections, Collaborative drawings, etc.
I’m glad that this experience was not like AC101, which was a little fun, but not as fun as this class. AC230 has broadened my view and shown me that there are many tools that makes technology unique. The fact is I have never blogged, utilized photoshop, iMovie, and Garageband. Now that the course if over I feel that I have gained a lot of valuable knowledge and information.
Honestly, every single blog that we wrote in response to Prof. Smiths blogs were enlightening. I never expected to learn so much from this course.
I will continue to blog for the rest of the summer and hopefully the fall ( 🙁 sometimes it gets too hectic for me) nevertheless I will try to blog at least once a week. Seems like this is not the end of my blogging days.
Thank you fellow classmates, Prof. Smith and AC230.
Best wishes to you all.
what is an expository essay best online essay writing services persuasive essay outline