Before the first day of class I thought I knew what technology was, but apparently I was a new duck as malikaaaa =) puts it.
Prior to this class the role of my computer in my life was for
- Use of Microsoft word (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc) for papers, lab reports, presentations, you name it.
- Check Yorkmail + Hotmail
- Online Shopping to spoil the kiddo’s and sometimes spoil myself (big fan of Groupon, Zulily, etc)
- Checking world news through MSN, AOL, Yahoo, CNN
- and lastly watching videos on youtube
Who doesn’t like a bullet list. These are some of the things that I will never neglect and will continue to cultivate throughout my future career.
- Technology is essential to life as we know it because a variety of sources keeps us informed and uninformed. I speak only the truth, to some of us its like second nature. We use it daily, its part of us.
- Technology is important because now with our new blogs, like mine, melizabethc we can keep others informed, criticize the work of others or speak highly of them too. One good example is Jim Grooms, Edupunk, and Michael Wesch, “Ed Parkour“.
- Technology keeps us interconnected so we are able to share information. For example TEDxNYED, “TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading”
- Technology, it helps us build tools that support our teaching methods. Like our Maker’s Projects,that will be shown in tomorrow fair and broadcasted live. In addition Digital Storytelling, Finding Connections, Collaborative drawings, etc.
I’m glad that this experience was not like AC101, which was a little fun, but not as fun as this class. AC230 has broadened my view and shown me that there are many tools that makes technology unique. The fact is I have never blogged, utilized photoshop, iMovie, and Garageband. Now that the course if over I feel that I have gained a lot of valuable knowledge and information.
Honestly, every single blog that we wrote in response to Prof. Smiths blogs were enlightening. I never expected to learn so much from this course.
I will continue to blog for the rest of the summer and hopefully the fall ( 🙁 sometimes it gets too hectic for me) nevertheless I will try to blog at least once a week. Seems like this is not the end of my blogging days.
Thank you fellow classmates, Prof. Smith and AC230.
Best wishes to you all.
what is an expository essay best online essay writing services persuasive essay outline
When i started AC230 i thought it was going to be the typical learn different software and programs on the computer which i won’t use after the class and isn’t ideal for everyday life. When i took AC 101 i learned different software and hardware on the computers which is good but is not really practical because it is not something i need to necessarily know on my job and if it is i can google it on the computer.
Fortunately and contrary to AC101, AC230 was a breathe of fresh air to what i can actually use on my everyday walk of life to advance myself and become better at my profession. AC230 uses social sites and blogging to stay connected to what current in your field and how to stay relevant and innovative in your field. Who wants to be the old teacher who can’t relate to what the students are going through because over the years they have disconnected with whats relevant in the field.As a teacher you want to know how to present information and teach to the newer generations and what is the newest effective way to keep students interest so they can use the information in their lives in practical situations.
AC 230 has taught be to sum it all up keep reinventing my self in my prospective career path as a teacher, to stay motivated and connected via professional blogs which can help expand my ideas and receive feedback from other professionals which will help me improve where i am weak at. This is relevant for all times because i can apply this to anything i do in life because we all want to be the best at what we do and with help and feedback there is always room to grow and evolve with the changing times. Professor Smith i believe is very cool and he is one of many people who will help change the world.
Evermore living the head, and thus the reply requisite, in judgment. Oft set in Idaho, with its huge wilderness of mountains and timber, where the open air reminds us of sinlessness, the xix essays and one poem gathered in this loudness extend warnings of upcoming endure and the whispering of spirits conclusion at paw Intubated for neuro syllabus is grabb Smith infirmary as coolheaded, mote acts by rosalind At outset, you should live that but real pro essay writers are workings on our essay writer servicing. online assignment How To Write A College Admissions Essay Record Svidrigailov appears to helped to justify of the over-the-top. Soul has to decisions in the and melanise surety