Before the first day of class I thought I knew what technology was, but apparently I was a new duck as malikaaaa =) puts it.
Prior to this class the role of my computer in my life was for
- Use of Microsoft word (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc) for papers, lab reports, presentations, you name it.
- Check Yorkmail + Hotmail
- Online Shopping to spoil the kiddo’s and sometimes spoil myself (big fan of Groupon, Zulily, etc)
- Checking world news through MSN, AOL, Yahoo, CNN
- and lastly watching videos on youtube
Who doesn’t like a bullet list. These are some of the things that I will never neglect and will continue to cultivate throughout my future career.
- Technology is essential to life as we know it because a variety of sources keeps us informed and uninformed. I speak only the truth, to some of us its like second nature. We use it daily, its part of us.
- Technology is important because now with our new blogs, like mine, melizabethc we can keep others informed, criticize the work of others or speak highly of them too. One good example is Jim Grooms, Edupunk, and Michael Wesch, “Ed Parkour“.
- Technology keeps us interconnected so we are able to share information. For example TEDxNYED, “TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading”
- Technology, it helps us build tools that support our teaching methods. Like our Maker’s Projects,that will be shown in tomorrow fair and broadcasted live. In addition Digital Storytelling, Finding Connections, Collaborative drawings, etc.
I’m glad that this experience was not like AC101, which was a little fun, but not as fun as this class. AC230 has broadened my view and shown me that there are many tools that makes technology unique. The fact is I have never blogged, utilized photoshop, iMovie, and Garageband. Now that the course if over I feel that I have gained a lot of valuable knowledge and information.
Honestly, every single blog that we wrote in response to Prof. Smiths blogs were enlightening. I never expected to learn so much from this course.
I will continue to blog for the rest of the summer and hopefully the fall ( 🙁 sometimes it gets too hectic for me) nevertheless I will try to blog at least once a week. Seems like this is not the end of my blogging days.
Thank you fellow classmates, Prof. Smith and AC230.
Best wishes to you all.
what is an expository essay best online essay writing services persuasive essay outline